Monday, May 5, 2008

Family Home Evening

So, after having to give my little talk about ideas for Family Home Evening, I felt like we should do more to help our own Family Home Evening be more effective. This week, we played hide and seek with church pictures. Before we hid them, we went through and said who or what was in each picture. We then sent the kids out while we hid them (in very obvious places). The kids absolutely loved this game (Aaron cried because he wanted to find more). After, we sang songs. They love this, too. As long as they each gets a turn to pick and sing their own song. This is my favorite of Collin, it's so cute what they learn. He probably doesn't know half of what he's singing (Aaron still ends the song with righteousleep), which makes it even cuter. All in all, it was a pretty good FHE, not too much crying and no fighting, maybe giving that talk was a good thing afterall.

4 comments:

Becca said...

oh my gosh! that is so cute!!! I can't believe how fast your kids have grown. You are such a good mom!!! FHE - I really should push that one a little bit more. I think it counts if we actually spend time together on mondays. Just kidding. Thanks for being such a good example and all the great advice.

Lisel said...

That is so cute! I've never seen your kids personalities come out like that before! I love all his actions and how he says "shh" in the middle.

Meggin said...

That video KILLED me! I think I watched it four times! It seriously cracked me up, especially when he shushed Aaron in the middle. I can't believe those kids are getting so big!! Ty and I are coming out to Utah for a week in June. I sure hope we can see you!

Unknown said...

Ha! That was so cute! What a keepsake. I LoVeD how he shhhd and then kept singing. Made my whole day!
-Erika